In today’s world, the evil eye and envy can have a negative impact on our lives, causing obstacles such as difficulty finding a job, financial losses, or unexplained health issues. Even during the time of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ, people faced similar challenges, and he taught us special prayers to protect ourselves. The Prophet ﷺ himself prayed for protection, and he advised his companions to do the same.
Here are some powerful prayers and Surahs to guard against the evil eye and seek general protection from enemies.
Dua for Protection From Evil Eye:
The evil eye is a real thing, and it can harm us. But don’t worry, we can use specific prayers to protect ourselves.
- Seek Allah’s Help: Recite the following dua in the morning and evening for protection of yourself:
“A’udhu bi kalimat-illah il-tammati min sharri ma khalaq”
Translation in English:
“I seek refuge in Allah’s perfect words from the evil of His creation.”
- Seek Refuge from Allah with this Dua: Recite this dua as a protection against the evil eye:
“A’udhu bi kalimat-illah il-tammati min ghadabihi wa ‘iqabihi, wa min sharri ‘ibadihi wa min hamazat al-shayatini wa an yahduroon”
“I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allah from His wrath and punishment, from the evil of His slaves and from the evil promptings of the devils and from their presence.”
- Powerful Verse: Recite this verse from Surah At-Tawbah (9:129) seven times in the morning and evening for protection from evil eye and enemies :
“Hasbi Allahu la ilaha illa huwa, ‘alayhi tawakkaltu wa huwa Rabbul-‘arsh il-‘azim”
(Allah is sufficient for me. La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshiped but He) in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the Mighty Throne). [9:129]
- Ayat Al-Kursi: Recite Ayat Al-Kursi (Surah Al-Baqarah, 2:255) daily for protection, as it is one of the most powerful verses in the Quran.
- Surah Al-Falaq and Surah An-Nas: Recite Surah Al-Falaq (Surah 113) and Surah An-Nas (Surah 114) for protection from evil whispers and harmful entities.
- Surah Al-Baqarah: Recite Surah Al-Baqarah (Surah 2) regularly in your home, as it is believed to protect against magic and the evil eye.
- Surah Al-Mu’awwidhatain: Recite Surah Al-Falaq and Surah An-Nas, collectively known as Al-Mu’awwidhatain, three times after each obligatory prayer for protection.
- The Dua of Prophet Yunus (Jonah): When facing distress, recite the dua of Prophet Yunus (peace be upon him) when he was in the belly of the whale: “La ilaha illa anta, subhanaka, inni kuntu minaz-zalimin” (There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers).
By reciting these powerful prayers and Surahs with sincere belief and trust in Allah, we can shield ourselves from negative influences and harmful intentions. Remember, Allah’s words have immense strength and healing power.
When facing difficulties, use these simple prayers and trust that Allah will protect you. These supplications will bring comfort and safety, guarding you from the harmful effects of the evil eye and guiding you to a peaceful and protected life. Stay steadfast in your faith and seek Allah’s refuge with devotion, for He is the ultimate Protector and Sustainer.